I take my responsibility towards the environment very seriously. Wherever possible. the impact on the environment is minimised, and I take a proactive approach rather than wait for legislation;
• I run a car converted to LPG, a more environmentally friendly fuel (most petrol cars can be converted and save money.
• I use wind power for electricity and "green" gas from Ecotricity
• I have solar panels for hot water
• I always try source from local suppliers and encourage them to be more eco-friendly
• I always try stick to the 4 Rs principles of reduce, repair, reuse, recycle
Most people can greatly reduce their carbon footprint with little effort, and often save money in the process; have a look at the Energy Saving Trust website. A good starting source of general information is available at the Friends of the Earth website.